Here are 7 reasons to replace your plug-ins with an essential oil diffuser:
1. The scent lasts longer – The scent from an aromatherapy diffuser is designed to last longer. Your plugins usually say they will last 30 days, but most often the scent fades after the first few days. Plus, they easily get clogged and since they are disposable, there’s no good way to clean them.
2. It doesn’t contain harmful toxins – As mentioned above, plugins that you buy from the store contain chemicals and they will release harmful toxins into the air your family breathes. Just because it smells good, doesn’t mean it’s good for you.
3. It doesn’t just mask odors – The scent from an aromatherapy diffuser will do more than just mask an odor. They will actually help remove the odor from your home. When using the diffuser to get rid of bad smells, you should choose different essential oils, such as lemon or tea tree oil. Then you can diffuse another scent just for the aroma, if you choose.
4. You can experience health benefits – Because an aromatherapy diffuser allows you to diffuse essential oils, many people experience health benefits such as calming of anxiety, boosting of the immune system, or more mental clarity. You won’t get this from a scented plugin that is meant only to temporarily scent the area.
5. It’s a safer alternative – It’s not only safer because it doesn’t have harmful toxins, but also because plugins have been known to cause sparks, fires, or other electrical issues, especially when plugged in and not properly maintained.
6. It saves you money – In the long run, essential oil diffusers are more cost-effective. You can reuse the diffuser again and again, and only need to replace the oils. Since they use only a couple of drops of oils at a time, they will last a long time. You can also count the money that you will save on doctor’s visits and cough and cold medicines, if you find they give you health benefits, as many people do.
7. It repels insects and other pests – Can you believe that they can also keep bugs and insects away? If you have flies, ants, beetles, and other insects getting into your home or office, an aromatherapy diffuser can be a safe, natural way to deter them. You’re not going to get that from a cheap wall plugin!